Henry E. Wiley, III, M.D.
While most of Dr. Wiley’s practice involves the diagnosis and treatment of skin cancer, he believes in treating the whole patient and any of their skin problems. He treats common but important problems like shingles, dermatitis, drug eruptions, acne, warts, and eczema as well as rarer diseases.
Board certified in Dermatology as well as Dermatopathology, Dr. Wiley specializes in diagnosing and treating all types of skin problems. He firmly believes that every patient’s problem, no matter how severe or how small, is as important and as unique as that person. In addition to the more common forms of skin cancer such as basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma, and melanoma, Dr. Wiley in his many years of experience has diagnosed rarer forms of skin cancer such a sebaceous carcinoma, eccrine carcinoma, neuroendocrine carcinoma, B cell lymphoma of the skin, T cell lymphoma of the skin, microcystic adnexal carcinoma, and metastatic cancers to the skin.
Responsibility To Patients
Dr. Wiley considers the skin to be an external layer of the human spirit. His patients are not diseases to be treated, but rather human beings worthy of respect who happen to have skin problems. He believes that having some understanding of a patient’s life, not just their condition, can make a meaningful difference in their medical care.
That’s why Dr. Wiley provides all the medical treatment of his patients himself. He sees each and every patient, listens and asks questions. And he allows time with each patient to make sure their questions have been answered. Sometimes the most minor concern can be evidence of a more serious issue, and Dr. Wiley’s hands-on approach puts his patients in an advantageous position for early diagnosis and successful treatment.
- Diplomate, American Board of Dermatology, Inc.
- Special Certification in Dermatopathology;
- American Board of Dermatology, Inc.
- American Board of Pathology, Inc.
- Florida Society of Dermatology and Dermatologic Surgery Fellow, American
- Academy of Dermatology Fellow, American
- Society of Dermatopathology
- HB Society
- Hillsborough County Medical Society
- Florida Medical Society
- Society for Investigative Dermatology Research Award
- University of South Florida College of Medicine, Outstanding Teaching in Dermatology
- College: Yale University
- Medical School: University of Florida
- Internship: Shands Hospital, University of Florida
- Residency: Dermatology, University of Miami
- Fellowship: Dermatopathology, University of Miami