Dr. Michael Tharp
Michael D. Tharp, M.D. is board certified with clinical interests in immunobullous diseases, psoriasis and cutaneous T cell lymphoma. He formerly served as a professor and chair of the Clark W. Finnerud, M.D. Department of Dermatology at Rush Medical College in Chicago, Illinois.
Dr. Tharp earned his medical degree, cum laude, from Ohio State College of Medicine in Columbus, Ohio. He went on to complete an internship and residency in Internal Medicine at Parkland Memorial Hospital in Dallas, Texas as well as a residency and fellowship in Dermatology at Duke Medical Center in Durham, North Carolina.
He is a member of numerous professional and scientific societies, including the American Academy of Dermatology. He has been the recipient of many grants for dermatological research and an invited speaker to many national and international societies and meetings. Dr. Tharp has authored over 170 articles, books, book chapters and reviews.
Dr. Tharp moved to the Tampa area in late 2017 and in enjoying exploring his new home. He is looking forward to working closely with Dr. Wiley and the patients of this practice.
- American Academy of Dermatology
- Society of Investigative Dermatology
- American Professors of Dermatology
- Dermatology Foundation
- American Dermatologic Association
- Noah Worcester Dermatological Society
- American College of Physicians
- Ohio Wesleyan University BS, Pre-Med. Delaware, OH
- Ohio State College of Medicine, Doctor of Medicine, Cum Laude. Columbus, OH